This is a newly formed role within the business, at a hugely exciting time. The Sales Operations Manager will work in our fast growing and high-performing Revenue Operations Team and will report to the Head of Revenue Operations.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with previous experience in sales ops for the challenge of building a sales operations function from scratch. In partnership with our Marketing, Sales, RevOps teams you will play a critical role to drive revenue, efficiency, scale and productivity.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the processes, tools, and technologies that support the Sales organization. As the Sales Operations Manager you are responsible for providing broad operational day-to-day support of our customer relationship management (CRM) and various departments. This role works closely with Finance, RevOps, Sales, Marketing, and other departments. The Sales Operations Manager provides guidance regarding marketing trends, develops resources and tracking of long-term sales data, and creates reports for the Sales Leaders. This role is also responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance and other sales support functions.
You will partner cross-functionally with sales and marketing leadership and business stakeholders to understand goals and requirements then execute to deliver scalable solutions. You will be a key resource in building and enabling the infrastructure and processes to take the business and the sales team to the next level.
- Lead and support five established sales teams: Sales Development, Strategic Business Development, Commercial Business Development, Benelux Business Development, Solution Engineering
- Partner with CRO & RevOps leadership on all issues and challenges impacting the success of the field team
- Lead, manage and evaluate the sales tools, processes, policies, and programs to ensure continuous productivity and effectiveness
- Involved in process improvements for sales support and identification of any opportunities for efficiencies within the Revenue Operations team
- Support our growing team of SDRs and Sales People in UK & Netherlands with best-in-class tooling, insights, and program management
- Own the data strategy and vendor relationships to empower our field teams with accurate information on our prospects and customers
- Work with a strong data quality driven mindset to improve both the flow of good data, as well as the data itself
- Scale our client acquisition, be the inventor and executor of how we as a business scale. Collaborate cross functionally to gain a deeper understanding of our customers so we can deliver simple, seamless experiences for them.
- Partner with Sales Management to optimize how our team goes to market. Conduct regular 1:1’s with the sales team to understand their processes' challenges and help formulate solutions and provide coaching on their process adherence.
- Own all analytics and reporting for our sales team (customer interaction data, funnel analysis, business metrics and reporting, etc.). Ensure reporting is provided to the sales organization through dashboards, reports and other tools. Coordinate with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Own sales forecasting & pipeline reporting (Annual, Quarterly, and Weekly)
- Measure and benchmark sales force productivity, ensure effective implementation of established strategies and tactics to optimize resources.
- Work with company leadership to own and develop incentive compensation plans to drive our teams towards financial targets.
- Work with Sales Management to develop job scopes and responsibilities for all Sales positions. Provide input for sales staffing plans to ensure organization’s readiness to meet customer and business demands.
- Improve and manage the Sales Playbook
- Perform all sales tasks related to the day-to-day operations of Salesforce, SalesLoft, Jiminny, HubSpot, Zoominfo, etc.
- Become an invaluable resource for Sales’ leadership, performing duties such as assisting with documentation, onboarding programs, helping with QBRs, and project administration
- Create feedback loops to Sales Leadership on friction points so that they may be alleviated and help desk case load consistently reduced
- Collaborate with regional sales leaders and teams to develop and execute sales management disciplines and processes (territory assignment & reviews, weekly/quarterly forecast, pipeline analysis and development, account planning, account assignments, quota/budget allocation)
- Support annual planning activities and develop actionable insights
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, Talent, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting requirements
- 5+ years in an operations role (revenue ops, marketing ops, sales ops, business ops, etc.) with 2+ years of experience in a sales operation’s role with a preference for B2B startup experience.
- Advanced level Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce experience, BI tools and tool management, and a demonstrated ability to oversee the successful implementation of new reporting tools and practices.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Experience developing key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams and influence matrixed teams to meet deliverables.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
- A proven self-starter, setting your own deliverables, and then executing them. Must exhibit a high degree of motivation, creativity, initiative and curiosity. Ability to act and make decisions while working with less than complete information or data.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of finding problems, taking initiative, and executing on your own ideas.
- Highly collaborative and able to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders while fostering an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills in managing workload and internal customers. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to engage stakeholders in challenging discussions while working cooperatively to attain the best possible solution.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability, while also able to collaborate cross-functionally (finance, marketing, sales enablement, etc)
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence; thorough understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Analytical and detail-oriented, strong project management skills with a drive for results
- Interest in supply chain and technology
- Fair salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best...
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Shipping is the trillion-dollar industry that people rarely talk about. It’s big, complex, cumbersome and fraught with legacy, which means it’s ripe for disruption and Zencargo are uniquely positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
Our digital platform provides a central place for teams to gain deep operational and strategic insight into their supply chain. Through visibility down to the individual product level, our platform flags risks early in the supply chain to allow for business leaders to react and make informed decisions. This helps us deliver against our mission of making our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage.
The combination of our vision, people and technology has placed us in Sunday times tech track 100 ‘ones to watch’, were awarded us the prestigious BIFA supply chain management award and are proud to be a part of the Tech Nation Upscale 5.0 cohort.