Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
As a Sales Representative you will be on the frontlines of the largest pure play solar distributor in the Americas as part of one of the most experienced sales teams in the country. You will be the face of Soligent to our customers and be responsible for generating new business and growing existing accounts. The Sales Representative develops new business and retains and services clients for a specific geographic region. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
Location: Remote in Southern California
- Generates and develops new business to meet specified sales goals.
- Maintains and nurtures existing customer relationships.
- Responds to all customer inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Functions as liaison between our customers and our operations staff.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of solar industry product information.
- Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business; communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that impact business unit.
- Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Required Skills/Proficiencies: The Sales Representative must have the following skills:
- Expert in NetSuite, MS Excel, Word, and CRM software.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Flexibility and innovation as a team player
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with colleagues and suppliers
Physical Demands: The Sales Representative must have the ability;
- To travel by car or plane.
- To speak clearly by telephone, video call, and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, including a briefcase and/or sales materials.
Mental Demands: The Sales Representative must have the ability:
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting, demands.
- To pay close attention to detail.
- To meet deadlines regarding regular account reconciling and balancing
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA