A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial. We'd like to change that. With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the center. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions, and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win! ⚡️
Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different, and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products.
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results-driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having a meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data-Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open-Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions. You integrate and consume web services (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end-users
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from the requirement to going live
- Design and review code, troubleshoot, and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Mentor junior engineers
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- 1-5 years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Obj-C (or Swift) I/O, collections, algorithms, and well-known application frameworks
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency, and multithreading
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the app store
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text
- Programming experience in Objective-C programming, Cocoa, Xcode, and the iOS SDK
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity, or disability status. See what we are up to here blog.hike.in