Founded in 2009, Trantor is a leading software services company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. We deliver innovative technology solutions which enable our clients to achieve their business objectives holistically keeping the big picture in the front and center.
People working at Trantor practice pragmatism in software engineering and focus on customer success. This has led to extremely positive long-term working relationships with our clients and solution partners. They participate in different forums at Trantor to solve complex business and algorithmic problems across business domains. They also actively participate in and nurture the local tech communities.
Please visit https://trantorinc.com for more details.
Why work at Trantor
- We value diverse perspectives and hire to enrich our teams with new ideas and perspectives.
- Your learning is a top priority. We actively structure teams and projects to maximize individual growth and opportunities.
- You are encouraged to communicate openly and share opinions irrespective of your role or designation..
- Good work/life balance - We have strong work ethics towards our customers; at the same time we also value your life outside of work.
- Many of us have worked together at previous companies, and choose to work together again and again because we respect one-another.
- Over 5+ years of experience in software development, primarily in C++ and Java
- Strong proficiency in C++ 14 or newer version, with fair knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and strong foundation in data structures & algorithms
- Knowledge of standard library features- Shared mutexes and locking, Heterogeneous lookup in associative containers, Standard user-defined literals, Tuple addressing via type, Smaller library features
- Development experience with object-oriented, multithreaded, and client-server programming practices.
- Good understanding of Function return type deduction, Variable templates, Aggregate member initialization, Binary literals, Digit separators, Generic lambdas, smart pointers
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance
- Conduct performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as bitbucket, git, etc.
- Work with Scrum and Agile development processes
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated with attention to detail and the ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work in cross-functional relationships in order to work effectively within our organization to acquire knowledge, identify root cause issues, and create system solutions.
- Strong communication[written & verbal] and good interpersonal skills
- Candidate must possess zeal to learn technologies, passion for software development, be trainable and coachable.
- University degree in software engineering or computer science
Good to have
- Development experience using the Core Java, Kotlin, Android SDK / NDK, C++ v.17 a plus.
- Development experience in 3D graphics, OpenGL ES and game development is a plus.
- Familiarity with embedded systems design, low-level hardware interactions
- Worked on IOT based Projects
- Familiarity with Restful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services, Cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledge of oracle Netsuite