The Senior Financial Analyst will be vital to analyze, influence, and drive improved business performance through root cause variance analysis, KPI driven analytics and trends, benchmarking, and executive level reporting.
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to the Executive Team regarding financial decisions.
- Prepares in-depth financial, variance, and trending analyses for key profitability drivers and other financial and non-financial metrics.
- Evaluates optional plans by identifying outcomes and potential returns.
- Builds financial database by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and backing up data.
- Analyzes monthly financial statements, highlighting and reporting key operating issues to the COO and the management team.
- Provides monthly and quarterly forecasting including cash flow forecasting
- Performs in-depth financial variance and trending analyses for key profitability drivers and other financial and non-financial metrics
- Maintains and develops the SaaS Metrics for the business.
- Interpret results and articulate actionable recommendations to maximize profitability and ensure financial targets are achieved
- Supports detailed margin analysis including customer profitability and other key margin drivers
- Responsible for complex reports, graphs and charts of monthly and quarterly financial data
- Maintains the 5-Year model projecting high growth and headcount forecasting
- Prepares ad hoc reporting and analysis for executives and the sales and operations team as needed
- Assists in key strategic areas, such as pricing, customer profitability, segment economics, and other optimization projects.
- Other projects as assigned.
The successful person in this role will:
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to interface with all levels of staff in a professional manner
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Be a persuasive communicator able to clearly and confidently articulate a position
- Be a self-starter and a strong team player who is flexible with a positive “can do” attitude
- Have strong organizational, project management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task and realign priorities as needed
- Have an excellent understanding of financial forecasting and models
- Work in conjunction with the Finance team and other business units to obtain information.
- Utilize visualization tools to best present financial information in a repeatable format.
- Expertise in Excel, financial modeling, cash flow evaluation, scenario/sensitivity analysis, and ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses
Preferred Professional Experience:
- 5+ Years of progressive experience in FP&A or Business Analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- MBA strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Previously used visualization software
- PowerPoint skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Occasional irregular work hours
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Insurance (US Based)
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching
- Education - $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Simplicity, Honesty and Innovation every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.