As the Web Developer for Aprende Institute you will be responsible for developing the future of our web product and platform experience, designing solutions to enable our team to scale and to solve business stakeholder needs, and ultimately play a huge role in the evolution and success of not just our websites, but our go-to-market strategy and ability to scale.
You will report to our Technical Web Lead and work with our Director of Product, Director of Development and key stakeholders on developing unique experiences within our Moodle LMS.
Ultimately, you will be an all around Web frontend expert ready to break the boundaries of what is possible with custom WordPress products as we grow beyond 20,000 active students.
Our goal is to change the lives of people through turning their passions into their career, so failure is not an option! We want an extremely passionate person who is up for the challenge to help our experienced team succeed on that goal!
What you will be doing
- Create and maintain CSS frameworks from scratch.
- Maintain a consistent design around the entire website.
- Develop and maintain JS modules.
- Create and maintain Website Components & Sections.
- Develop and implement React components.
- Implement 3rd party services via API.
- Propose and implement good WPO practices in order to continually improve the product performance
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications to meet business requirements
- Work with the Tech Lead and the Product Management team to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Provide documentation as required.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the frontend.
- Be a problem solver which means you will need to be hands-on. You can’t be afraid of getting in the weeds.
- 4+ years as a Frontend Developer in a paid work environment.
- Solid understanding of Webpack and React
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience with Git and npm.
- Basic understanding of PHP back-end development
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Familiar with web performance concepts such as: Lazy Load, Defer and Async, Tree Shaking, Critical CSS, Critical rendering path, First Contentful Paint, Preloading, etc
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Proven expertise with responsive design standards
- Experience with WordPress API & WordPress Headless
- Experience with BEM
- Experience with GitFlow
- Experience with Laravel ^7 and Blade
- Experience with Laravel mix