LearnWorlds is a fast-growing, innovative, e-learning company serving customers in over 80 countries. Founded in mid-2014, we are a company with offices in Greece and Cyprus. LearnWorlds is driven by a highly competitive team, that leads by example, with strong background in e-learning, innovation and digital technologies. We design and implement digital learning experiences and help our clients satisfy their students while maximizing their profits.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact
We are looking for a talented and competitive Software Engineer who has a passion for software development and technology. You will be responsible for improving the LearnWorlds functionality and implementing new features. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and will be required to present with confidence and champion work to completion.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk, Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Firebase.
- Design, develop and operate high quality, resilient, and scalable distributed services in Go
- Solve scalability and performance issues in an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
- Work in an agile cross-functional team
- Work on observability, CI/CD, automated testing, and documentation of microservices
- Collaborate with other international teams to implement high-level features
- 4+ years of production experience as a backend engineer, ideally working with distributed systems
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with the design and implementation of large Go based production systems
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture, and SQL/NoSQL data stores
- Ability to write clean, efficient, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of relational databases (PostgreSQL mainly)
- Experience with non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Familiarity with test automation, cloud and containerization technologies, code instrumentation and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Message Brokers (Beanstalk, RabbitMQ) or Message Queueing
- Experience with GCP services (Pubsub, Object storage etc.)
- Open-source contributions
- Competitive compensation and bonuses.
- Private life and health insurance plan for you and your family
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 100 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow's e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Continuous training and mentoring opportunities. Access to books, resources, training, and conferences
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat)