REC is looking for an experienced Proposal Writer to support a small marketing firm that writes proposals for large infrastructure companies. The ideal candidate will be fully remote with the ability to work 20-30 hours a week.
Desired experience includes research, writing copy, editing, and proofreading; proficiency with PC-based software including advanced skills in Microsoft Word; and competency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience in proposal strategy and preparation for the A-E industry is also required.
The successful candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude who possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with Client leaders and capture managers to create winning proposal content while coordinating multiple projects. Must be self-motivated, able to take initiative, work independently, and carry projects through to successful completion. Must also be reliable, detail oriented, able to follow established formats and procedures, meet expectations for attendance and punctuality, and perform well under deadlines while working with multiple levels of internal staff and teaming partners.
The proposal coordinator researches, writes, edits, proofreads, and produces proposals, statements of qualifications, resumes, and project descriptions in compliance with various requirements, schedules, and budgets. Primary responsibilities include development of effective and competitive proposal concepts, and optimizing the written and graphic content mix, while ensuring accuracy, quality, and upholding company branding standards. Coordination is frequently required with staff graphic artists for proposal graphics. Other responsibilities include preparing for and participating in kickoff meetings and strategy sessions, coordinating with external teammates, researching information for, and maintaining the marketing database, and assistance with prepping presentations.
Successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while coordinating multiple projects and multiple deadline all while being 100% remote.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies prescribed techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Performs proposal and other marketing work at senior level, requiring knowledge of proposal procedures and production; execution of a coordinated and compelling strategy in document; leadership of proposal teams of varied disciplines
- Develops resumes and project descriptions with input from technical staff, ensuring consistency and readability and creating content as needed
- Coordinates all aspects of proposals, including developing compliance outlines and internal proposal production schedules
- Leads proposal development efforts, working closely with a capture manager
- Provides strong leadership to drive the proposal process, managing many aspects of the proposal
- Executes cohesive and compelling sales case throughout proposal document
- Ensures internal deadlines are met to produce the best possible product
- Develops content for proposals and other marketing materials, including written portions and supporting graphics
- Creates basic graphics for inclusion in proposals and coordinates with graphic designer on more complex graphics
- Suggests and develops concepts for graphics to support text and clearly present ideas
- Capable of working independently and takes initiative to complete assignments
- Receives guidance/collaboration as requested or as needed, particularly on strategic-level submittals
- Assists in the training and mentoring of interns and may guide proposal coordinators in development of large proposal efforts, sharing the knowledge/skill sets required of a proposal lead
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Acquires knowledge and develops skills at the senior level and shares knowledge and skills with others
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respectfully and productively interacts with other staff
- Listens well to direction and gives clear direction to proposal teams
- Leads proposal development teams, communicating effectively and tactfully to ensure a cohesive team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and direction; Takes initiative and follows through
- Willingness to ask questions, listen to all points of view, and determine best course of action for proposal teams
- Strong ownership of tasks and pride in work product
- Ability to read, comprehend and present proposal requirements to team; ensure requirements are met
- Collaborates with other proposal staff on best practices and gives input on processes and standards
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) is required
- Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing from an accredited program is preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience, preferably in the AE industry
- MUST have the ability to work independently as this position is 100% remote
$45-$65/hr (1099/Independent Contractor)