A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Continuously turn business questions into data analysis to make data & evidence based decisions and crucial business recommendations.
- Create visual displays of quantitative information to deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Have experimentation at the core of what you do. You own and evangelize data-driven experimentation in the team to improve the product offerings, and document it.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Comp Science, Engineering, or other technical field is a must; Advanced degrees will be preferred.
- You have a very good understanding of mobile and Internet products, growth strategies and business dynamics.
- You have 1 to 6 years experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or technology company.
- You have strong hands-on experience with SQL.
- You are comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Experience with querying massive scale data with Hive and BigQuery is preferred.
- You have experience in reporting and dash-boarding with tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, Google Analytics etc.
- You have good understanding of statistical analysis, data warehousing, data modeling
- Experience with statistical packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS etc. is preferred.
- You have ability to execute research projects and craft actionable recommendations.
- You have proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- You have excellent organisational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
- Work remotely from anywhere in IST timezone
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity, or disability status.
See what we are up to here blog.hike.in