Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial product lead to drive the roadmap for our market data product and assist with the product management of all brokerage products. If you're passionate about building meaningful products and experiences that have a real impact on people’s lives then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Primary responsibility is to lead the roadmap for Altruist’s market data offering to create an industry leading financial market data and research platform with real time, delayed and reference data.
- Ensure that requirements and designs for the products are based on sound market and competitive research and are supported by customer interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Liaise with the Customer Success, Trading Operations, and Compliance teams to investigate issues and work closely with engineering to find solutions.
- Contribute to architectural and vendor decisions in close partnership with the engineering team and executive stakeholders.
- Manage the market data relationships with the exchanges and all market data vendors including all required audits.
- Review and negotiate market data contracts to keep costs in line with business needs.
- Partner with engineering to build out a team to grow the product that serves all types of market data to our clients.
- Partner with our design team to create user interfaces and efficient workflows for the market data and research platforms.
- Partner with the existing brokerage product management team to assist in the growth and support of all brokerage related products.
- Review and troubleshoot issues affecting the market data feeds.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and reporting on key product KPIs across the brokerage products.
- Proven track record on building high functioning teams across product, engineering and design.
- Become a subject matter expert on market data and brokerage applications, serving as a resource to other departments.
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of prior experience working in a product management role at a broker dealer.
- Ability to work during core US equity market hours.
- Experience building and managing market data feeds across multiple asset classes.
- Passion to build the next generation of financial market data and research platform with built in intelligence to deliver relevant data before the client knows they need it.
- Hands on experience working with real time, delayed and reference market data.
- Examples of market data products that serve real time, historical, reference, and market news for retail clients.
- Experience working with requirements from FINRA, SEC and other regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Domain knowledge and solid understanding of the investment management landscape and broker dealer market data and finance needs.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to present your ideas to and collaborate with engineering and design teams.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Finra licenses are a plus.
What you’ll get
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with significant venture backing by Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).