ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking a Senior Rigger to join our Rigging Department.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, test, and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props and Sets) under the supervision of the Line Producer and working collaboratively with Modelers and Animators.
- Deliver clean production rigs.
- Provide clean skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production’s required articulation standard.
- Ability to work efficiently and adapt within the existing and changing workflows in Production and Pipe workflows.
- Provide additional custom deformer solutions and corrective model sculpts as required.
- Execute rigging efficiently by maintaining a fair level of scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) and understanding the rigging pipeline.
- Run body, crowd, or muscle simulations.
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues for animation under direction.
- Participate in reviews and department meetings.
- Mentor other members of the rigging team.
- Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the department.
- Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle.
- Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time.
- Actively research and study innovative ways of rigging to produce light and user-friendly rigs.
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya is required
- Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience
- Experience delivering complete tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of (Python, MEL) to understand the inside of the rigging pipeline and execute rigging efficiently
- Experience in assets and shotwork
- Knowledge of anatomy, cloth and hair simulation
- Basic knowledge/skill in other disciplines - modeling, texture, TD, animation
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush is a plus
- Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or other simulation systems is an asset
- Experience with the Unreal Engine is an asset
- Confidence or interest in facial blendshape sculpting for facial rigging is an asset
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits
- Holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)