As a Security Engineer on our team, you will implement security around the corporate environments we use, such as SaaS solutions, office networks, and workstations! You will investigate threats and behavior anomalies, work with technical operations to harden and automate security configurations of our networks and workstation provisioning processes, and work with other teams as new cloud services are needed as we grow. Major projects may include building automated investigation tooling, refining vulnerability management or network/endpoint monitoring processes, and coordinating with other teams to standardize response processes and improvements.
Some of our challenges include: How do we provision access with a remote-first approach? How can security gated processes be simplified using automation, default controls, and self-service workflows? How can we enable "Zero Trust" by providing default deployment options and infrastructure? How do we protect the organization against social engineering attacks? If you have the answers, we're excited to hear them!
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from reaching their goals. As an engineer on the team, you are responsible for not only designing and implementing effective security solutions, but ensuring effectiveness and proper operation once deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- We believe that simplicity is the key to success.
- Enhance the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools.
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services and third party vendors.
- Automate typical business and corporate security processes.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Build workflows to facilitate secure access and sharing of data.
- Lead efforts to achieve industry security certifications
- Expert in corporate authentication and authorization (MFA, SAML, WebAuthn, etc)
- Knowledge of endpoint management tools (Chef, Jamf, etc).
- Experience with intrusion detection tools
- Experience writing tools using Go, Python, Shell, or similar languages.
- Thorough understanding of UNIX, Mac, and Windows.
- Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator.
- Practical experience with BeyondCorp / Zero Trust principles.
- Preferred BS in Computer Science or related experience
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of industry security standards and frameworks
- Experience with monitoring and compliance tools
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.