Mailgun is hiring a Senior Software Developer to join our Reputation and Anti-Abuse team. The team’s mission is to protect the platform from bad actors and ensure that legitimate customers are following our Terms of Services and Acceptable Use Policy. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with a passion for fighting abuse at scale.
- Implement event pipelines that gather signals from multiple threat intelligence sources.
- Work on highly scalable systems capable of handling thousands of requests per second.
- Develop the algorithms (including machine learning models) for the autonomous decision making system that fights abuse.
- Work on anti-abuse systems consolidation.
- Develop and maintain tools that are used by our Deliverability and Compliance team.
- Evaluate abuse incidents to improve the resistance to different attack vectors.
- Perform threat modeling and analysis of business logic vulnerabilities.
- Work with other teams to help them fight abuse targeted at their services.
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: Python, Go.
- Experience with SQL and noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases.
- Passion for clean and simple code.
- Experience building scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with front-end development.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.