Mailgun is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our sending pipeline team. We represent the core systems that accept, process, and deliver billions of messages each and every month for Mailgun users! As part of this team, you will be working to refactor and develop new techniques for increasing the performance and throughput of the Mailgun sending pipeline to better serve our customers.
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We adapt quickly and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Develop new features to improve the capabilities of the Mailgun offering.
- Refactor existing Python services using Go and a microservice architecture.
- Maintain and scale existing infrastructure.
- Participation in the on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with high performance distributed systems.
- Experience working with Python and/or Go.
- Experience working with MongoDB and/or Cassandra.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Comfortable working autonomously with remote teams.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.