LandTech empowers property developers to build the places that communities need to thrive.
The UK is in the middle of a housing shortage and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving. LandTech is part of that evolution. We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land.
We started five years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight. Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for sight sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success.
At LandTech, we believe in understanding the preferences, passions and life purpose for all our people and meeting them there.
It’s understanding that families and outside life are important.
That’s why we offer remote-first, flexible working and unlimited holiday having listened to employee needs in our internal surveys.
It’s understanding that we are all multi-dimensional beings, and not just working ones.
That’s why we financially invest in both professional and personal development for all employees to help make that happen; from finally taking those driving lessons, to booking that father-daughter art class they have always wanted to do. We’re just focused on being a great place to work, but we’re happy to have picked up some awards along the way:
- Winner of the UK Customer Experience - Employee Empowerment Awards 2020
- Winner at the UK Employee Experience Awards - Employee Engagement 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Companies to work for - Sales Confidence, 2018 & 2019
- Excellence in People Development - PropTech, 2018
- Fastest-growing Business - PropTech, 2018
Engineering At LandTech
We're a diverse group of engineers working in an open, collaborative and cross-functional environment, to help understand the difficult challenges within the land and property systems. We empower teams and individuals to solve, build, deliver and operate high quality technical solutions to help our customers... and we're proud of our work!
We are guided by our Engineering Values (Confidence, Creativity, Collaboration and Excellence) and Engineering Principles, centred around "continuous learning/improvement" and "respect for people".
Our tech is always evolving (best defined by our Tech Radar). As a summary here's some of our more commonly used tech:
- TypeScript, Node.js, Vue.js, Python, Docker
- AWS - Beanstalk, Lambda, EC2, SQS, CloudWatch
- Data stores - S3, Mongo, Postgres/PostGIS (Aurora), ElasticSearch
- CI/CD via CircleCI / GitHub Actions. We deploy on average ~500 times a month
About the Role
You will be working remote-first in a cross functional product development team, reporting to the Head Of Engineering.
What we're looking for:
- You're humble, enthusiastic, innovative and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have extensive experience of, and are looking to work in an environment centred around XP (TDD, Pairing, Incremental Change) and DevSecOps (CI/CD, Infra as Code, Continuous Monitoring).
- You have a background in understanding complex user problems, defining solutions centred around simplicity, and executing in the delivery of high quality software
- You are comfortable moving between and learning different technologies / domains (frontend, backend, data), even if it's not your core expertise.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll play a central role in developing our products and re-designing our platform for scale from a single region to multiple regions over the next 12 months.
- You'll help grow the team and contribute to our engineering culture, improving our craft and capacity to deliver.
You'll be accountable for:
- Direction - alongside the Product Manager, helping set the technical and product direction for the team.
- Leadership - providing technical leadership and expertise to guide and enhance those around you.
- Growth - supporting, mentoring and pairing with other engineers so that they may learn from your direction and experiences.
- Collaboration - encouraging cross-functional collaboration, helping clarify, elaborate and iterate technical concepts to assist in delivering our strategy.
Your team will have shared accountability for:
- Designing, building and operating high quality software... You build it, you run it.
- Empathising with users and colleagues to understand the problems they face.
- Understanding, importing and connecting datasets as part of our product... fast, automated, repeatedly.
What will I need for remote-first working?
- To be a UK tax resident. Predominantly located in the UK (keeping within tax residency laws if working outside the UK for a period of time).
- A stable internet connection, whereby you can video call / remote pair program / connect to AWS services etc...
- An appropriate, healthy working environment so that you can communicate with others (audibly and/or visually).
- LandTech provides new starters with a £2,800 (+VAT) equipment budget to purchase kit needed for remote working (we provide a 13" Macbook Pro's as standard). As well as a £200 (+VAT) remote working fund.
- You may be asked to co-locate for a working day, twice a year (most likely to London). If asked to co-locate, LandTech provide up to £300 in travel expenses per trip.
What makes you a LandTech’er?
- Open - We are honest, collaborative and trusting, rooted in humility and a respect for creativity, sensitivity and differences
- Empower - We actively enable personal and professional growth by providing opportunity, autonomy and support
- Home - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing, believing work is a place where people can feel comfortable, cared for and happy
And we live them everyday. Don’t just let us tell you, let us show you... Click Here
Do you share our values? Then join our journey.
- Equity options
- Remote working (work anywhere in the UK)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays, plus your birthday)
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- 3 days annual holiday for company trips/events
- Unlimited Unpaid Leave
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- £500 Professional Growth fund per year
- £500 Personal Growth fund per year
- Working from home fund for new starters
- Private Health Insurance with AXA
- Life Insurance up to 4x your annual salary
- Day off on your Birthday
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Summer Fridays
- Increased Pension
- 3 Year Anniversary Reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog-friendly office
- Referral Bonus