Mailgun is seeking a senior software developer to join our engineering team and help us develop enterprise services and tools. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and be a self-starter comfortable working in a small group or alone to satisfy requirements. You will be building, and delivering highly scalable software systems to meet our growing application and business requirements. Candidate will be responsible for working with the team to migrate our legacy SMS systems to a new scalable system.
- We adapt constantly and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As team, we not only build great software, but also monitor its operations once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of requests each day and have to not only scale but be highly secure.
- The SMS team is responsible for creating new systems that help expand the communication channels available for our customers.
- Maintain existing systems and design new greenfield projects
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Create solutions that are scalable and reliable so that you are not alerted at 3am
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process
- Passion for clean and simple code despite tight time constraints
- Minimum 5-7 years practical software development experience in building distributed applications
- Ability and willingness to mentor more junior developers
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with ReactJS or other modern JS framework
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with SMS technology
- Experience with SQL and noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases is preferred.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.