Shipping is the trillion-dollar industry that people rarely talk about. It’s big, complex, cumbersome and fraught with legacy, which means it’s ripe for disruption and Zencargo are uniquely positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
Our digital platform provides a central place for teams to gain deep operational and strategic insight into their supply chain. Through visibility down to the individual product level, our platform flags risks early in the supply chain to allow for business leaders to react and make informed decisions. This helps us deliver against our mission of making our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage.
The combination of our vision, people and technology has placed us in Sunday times tech track 100 ‘ones to watch’, were awarded us the prestigious BIFA supply chain management award and are proud to be a part of the Tech Nation Upscale 5.0 cohort.
Subsequently, we are looking for a Senior Supply Chain Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team to manage datasets, dashboards and analyses to enable data-driven decisions across the business. Responsibilities include:
- Own the end-to-end analytics process from requirements definition to implementation and outcome, driving business decisions with high-quality data insights
- Work with the other teams in the business to define, implement and monitor their KPIs
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to define the company core data models in our data warehouse (single source of truth)
- Build and maintain business data models and calculation of KPIs in our BI Tool (Looker) and other tools and data sources used across the business
- Drive internal adoption of our self-service BI tool, own training and documentation for business users
- Identify opportunities to integrate other data sources used across the company, to automate and centralise analytics in our data warehouse and our self-service BI tool
- Work with the rest of the Data business unit to define best practices, process improvements, ensure data quality and drive data culture across the business
- Eliminate rework by having data assets that are trusted, standardized and capable of serving multiple purposes
- Identify data quality issues and implement the best processes of data testing and cleaning
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Professional experience in an analytical role
- Background in B2B Supply Chain or Logistics
- Advanced SQL (preferably Google BigQuery - Standard SQL)
- Experience in dashboarding, spreadsheets and using BI tools (preferably Looker) for data modeling and visual insights
- Proven ability to transform unstructured data into actionable insights
- Data storytelling, great communication skills and ability to promote data-driven business decisions
- Outcome-oriented and agile, able to suggest and implement the best solution to meet the business needs while promoting best practices
- Experience in designing business intelligence systems and processes
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and communicate with internal and external technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with data quality management
- Experience working in unstructured environments; startup/scaleup experience a plus
- Computer science, Supply Chain or other scientific background
- Looker and LookML
- Google BigQuery
- Familiar with Version Control, Git and GitHub
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best..
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Enahnced maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Founded in 2017, there are now over 150 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses - we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK - as well as enterprise customers.
- We live the mission - We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need
- We keep our customers in control - Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication
- We ship for our customers - Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
- Better you + better me = better us - Our goal is to help you discover our professional vision and work together to fulfil your potential.
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.