At Blueground, we are guided by a vision to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. By offering fully-furnished apartments that are move-in ready in the world’s most vibrant neighborhoods, we provide our guests with the opportunity to simply #ShowUpStartLiving. Behind the scenes, we strive for a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We’ve grown a lot since our founding in 2013. We are now hosting guests in more than 3,500 homes in 14 cities. We have raised more than $100m+ in funding to date and that’s just the beginning.
What drives our success is how each of our team members applies our core values. To our team, Time is everything, and we cherish it greatly. For us, Excellence isn’t simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our clients and colleagues and never lose sight of the human element, which goes hand-in-hand with Transparency which we believe makes our day-to-day easier.
We are looking for a bright, highly motivated, strategic SEO Manager to join our growing Marketing team. This is a highly visible role that requires you to be resourceful, creative and persistent to make Blueground an SEO-first marketing organization.
This role will be responsible for crafting and executing our SEO roadmap. Working to identify key opportunities, ensure strong performance, and oversee all technical SEO programs and requirements.
This is a position for someone who is obsessed with SEO and wants to reshape the definition of “industry best practices.” The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment, possesses strong communication skills and is quick to take initiative.
What you will focus on:
- Use on-page & off-page strategies to drive high-volume organic traffic and related conversions against monthly targets for each of our markets
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve site architecture, content and navigation based on SEO analytics insights as well as industry best practices
- Lead technical SEO initiatives and own related technical requirements for product and marketing initiatives
- Oversee SEO best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content marketing, engineering, creative, Product Marketing teams
- Work closely with the social and content teams to ensure SEO considerations are being taken into account and maximized
- Work closely with the PPC team to understand the relationship between SEO and PPC and advise on the best strategy for driving incremental search traffic and revenue
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention across online marketing. (ie. search, social, blogging)
- Utilize analytics and other tools to track the effectiveness of web content for search engine optimization and user engagement
- Collaborate with the broader SEO team to elevate the practice and be seen as industry best-in-class
- Provide thought leadership on search technology and search industry changes, gaining a deep knowledge of desktop, mobile and social search
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of professional experience overall
- 3+ years of professional experience in SEO (preferably in-house SEO in e-commerce / online retail), with a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing SEO programs and significantly improving Organic Search performance for online businesses
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices (technical, content optimization and link building), search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing
- Experience implementing successful large-scale SEO initiatives, including external link acquisition, site architecture, and international localization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with content, design, communications and product teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner
- Understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Nice to have:
- Experience in popular CMS and web frameworks and their strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding of dynamic content – query strings, client-side serving
- Experience in server side language (PHP)
- Familiar with server behaviour and HTTP protocols (e.g. server response codes, redirects)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Group Health Insurance program
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.