HeliosX is a group of health-tech startups, with fast-growing operations in the UK and USA. We are dedicated to improving the quality, accessibility, and affordability of healthcare for everyone. Our hyper-growth companies include Dermatica, MedExpress, and ZipHealth and we are redefining the way healthcare is being delivered internationally.
While we are headquartered in London, we are willing to consider candidates who are looking to work fully remotely and several key people in our business are already working remotely from other countries.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Site Reliability Engineer to join us for a superb, full-time position, to plan and secure our infrastructure, increase developer productivity, and enable the company to be more responsive, to ultimately help more and more people to access the healthcare they need. Our stack is Java-based and runs in AWS, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our systems and architecture to ensure we have a system that is reliable, high-performing and flexible for future change. We've built an awesomely talented team who are collaborative, supportive and who would love to welcome you aboard to join us on our journey to revolutionise health through tech.
Your role will include, but may not be limited to:
- Work as part of our development team on a daily basis, improving their toolset to enable faster shipping of features and more comprehensive testing
- Lead the simplification and speedup of our deployment process
- Ensure our infrastructure is reproducible and structured according to best practice
- Help us improve our monitoring of applications and infrastructure
- Conduct regular security reviews and any mitigation
- Manage cloud costs on an ongoing basis
- Aid in building out our data infrastructure (ETL and warehouse) so that the company has the information it needs to support ongoing growth
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (may consider candidates without a degree but with equivalent experience/certifications).
- Excellent knowledge of AWS and Terraform, and transitioning infrastructure to new structures to better support business and technical objectives
- Maven and Java
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, end to end testing.
- Innovative and able to adapt to a progressive environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to explain complex topics to people and audiences from different backgrounds.
- Excellent salary & bonus
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Health insurance
- 50% Gym discount
- Flexible working hours
- Fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly social (activities & drinks)
- Pension scheme
- An awesome team of bright and motivated people to work with!