Founded in 2009, Trantor is a leading software services company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. We deliver innovative technology solutions which enable our clients to achieve their business objectives holistically keeping the big picture in the front and center.
People working at Trantor practice pragmatism in software engineering and focus on customer success. This has led to extremely positive long-term working relationships with our clients and solution partners. They participate in different forums at Trantor to solve complex business and algorithmic problems across business domains. They also actively participate in and nurture the local tech communities.
Please visit https://trantorinc.com for more details.
Why work at Trantor
- We value diverse perspectives and hire to enrich our teams with new ideas and perspectives.
- Your learning is a top priority. We actively structure teams and projects to maximize individual growth and opportunities.
- You are encouraged to communicate openly and share opinions irrespective of your role or designation..
- Good work/life balance - We have strong work ethics towards our customers; at the same time we also value your life outside of work.
- Many of us have worked together at previous companies, and choose to work together again and again because we respect one-another.
- We are immediately seeking a Software Scrum Master with experience working in a software development environment.
- The Software Scrum Master role involves not only the successful delivery of products utilizing the Agile Scrum methodology, but also mentoring and supporting individuals in the teams to embrace scrum practices and ceremonies.
- A successful candidate will therefore demonstrate excellent soft skills in the areas of collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching.
- As a servant leader, the Software Scrum Master plays a key role in ensuring product is delivered on time and within budget by focusing the team on meeting commitments to internal and external stakeholders, using established KPIs and retrospectives to deliver continuous performance optimization, and leveraging demonstrations to celebrate successes and get stakeholder feedback.
- Guide and coach the scrum team to conform to agile/scrum best practices and values
- Coach the team and PO during estimation and backlog grooming to get appropriate sizing based on well-defined acceptance criteria
- Promote an empowered and self-organized team, shielding the team as necessary to establish a trusting and safe environment for raising problems, defining solutions, and committing to milestone deliveries
- Measure team performance to KPIs and guide the team to identify and implement process improvements
- Collaborate across scrum teams when necessary to deliver system-wide solutions.
- Take responsibility for managing dependencies and removing impediments between scrum teams, third parties, or shared resources
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution to ensure consistent progress
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or engineering management field
- 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team with demonstrable results
- Possess an expert understanding of the scrum framework and how various practices can evolve within a team to achieve success
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic, with strong leadership skills, organizational skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent analytical skills and a good attention to detail and the ability to follow issues through to resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills