The Sr. Automation Software Engineer designs automation framework infrastructure and automated tests to support and validate the functionality of Pathwire applications on web and mobile applications. This role is responsible for maintaining automation testing protocols and contributes updates to the automation strategy.
- Designs and maintains automation infrastructure and test harnesses
- Creates automated dashboards and protocols for reporting automated test results and trouble alerts
- Works with Development/Cloud Engineers to troubleshoot automation issues
- Works with Cloud Engineers to connect automation process to the CICD pipeline
- Designs, creates and executes automation scripts using automation tools such as Selenium, UFT, Appium
- Supports, maintains and enhances test case automation related activities during development, integration, and regression testing
- Assists in training team on using the automation tool
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Supervision given and received: Works under the general supervision of the Manager, Quality Assurance. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proven experience using coding languages such as Java, Java Script, Ruby, C++ required
- Working knowledge of analysis, design, and development
- Hands-on experience with implementing and maintaining test automation framework for APIs and web-based applications in an Agile development environment
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with test design and execution required
- Solid understanding of QA practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to details
- Experience with source control and agile tools
- Experience with automating UI and APIs
- Experience setting up CICD QA integration/pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineering Certification preferred
Work Environment: Remote
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.