Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
The Sr. Director of Sales oversees sales teams and effectively motivates and leads teams towards the attainment of strategic sales objectives and revenue targets.
- Oversees Sales Directors and team members motivating team to reach established targets and drive revenue
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds the team accountable against business metrics
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships while focusing on our pipeline, forecasting, sales execution, reviewing deals, and driving revenue
- Develops sales targets and strategy to drive attainment of established targets
- Translates market and business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals
- Attends sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives
- Reviews and adjusts sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- Analyzes sales data and trends to continue to recognize growth opportunities and opportunities to pivot
- Collaborates with Sales Operations leaders and other departments to streamline Soligent’s operational processes and continue to optimize them
- Creates sales programs and training programs which can be monitored and show growth of the sales team
- Gathers and monitors information on competition and market trends; communicates information to senior leadership, sales directors and other team members as needed
- Develops and manages sales and support programs to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
- Communicates with marketing to create and maintain marketing campaigns, coordinate product launches, and create new opportunities
- Oversees preparation of sales proposals and tools; leads and participates in sales presentations
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of customer and solar industry product and sales information
- Leads team strategic sales meetings and reviews with Soligent’s executive team
- Monitors overall activities of the sales department; identifies problem areas and directs corrective actions
- Works with our sales operations and the business intelligence team to implement tools and dashboard reports; provides timely and accurate reports to leadership as needed
- Meets with key accounts; attends and participates in business/trade events as needed
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- All other duties as assigned by manager
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships
- 8+ years of experience in a senior sales leadership role. Prior experience beyond Direct Selling (i.e. Sales Strategy, Customer Marketing, Category Development, Customer Service, etc.)
- In-depth Excel knowledge
- Ability to synthesize diverse ideas, facts, and data into a cohesive analysis that includes problem statement, solution hypotheses, and robust data analysis to support recommendations
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a flexible and innovative team player with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach
- Proficiency with ERPMRP/DRP systems a plus - NetSuite preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, FSA