Mailgun is looking for a Senior Director of Channel Sales who will help design and implement a Channel Sales go-to-market strategy. This is a new role and a strategic hire for Mailgun. In this role, the Director of Channel Sales will generate new business through building a reseller and referral partner network. The Director will be a hands-on leader of a team responsible for executing on all aspects of the business relationship with each partner including recruiting, qualifying, onboarding, training, pipeline reporting, and win/loss reporting. The role requires an individual with strong leadership, sales and partnering skills, while also being able to create and articulate a shared plan for the global channel sales team. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and conceptual technical savvy; an ability to both envision process improvements while driving the existing business; along with influencing skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional constituencies to grow the business.
- Develop and manage channel sales strategy and solution partner engagements for revenue generation in targeted markets
- Align Channel strategy to complement and enhance company’s direct sales model
- Identify, qualify, develop and drive partnerships with system integrators, distributors, consultants, industry influencers and other channel partners.
- Support partners through entire sales process; including sales collateral, sales call preparation, joint presentations, and contracting (pricing & negotiating).
- Manage internal/external channel programs, coordinate internal resources and communication.
- Manage channel training to educate and motivate salespeople throughout internal and external sales organizations.
- Assure partners have up-to-date knowledge of new products, features, roadmap, and any other updates.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships at the executive level with key channels and partners.
- 5+ years of experience with channel partners and complex channel relationships (co-sale, resale, OEM/Licensing)
- Built and maintained Channel programs for a software company (SaaS preferred)
- Technical knowledge of API functionality
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales channel development and marketing programs which result in revenue generation.
- Strong sales experience a must. Proven sales ability including; pricing, relationship building and management and consultative selling.
- Must be highly self-motivated and have ability to work independently within company policy, targets, and budget
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.