We are looking for a creative, flexible, high-energy individual to take opportunities from lead to closed won, while navigating complex sourcing models, legal negotiations, and highly technical product conversations. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of and experience in IaaS and SaaS sales models, and a proven track record of closing deals. The Mailgun Sr. Strategic Account Executive specializes in advising clients, aligning to business goals and leading resources in the development and delivery of solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. Solid work ethic, personal accountability, resourcefulness to change, strong organization skills and critical thinking are all assets’ candidates will need to demonstrate to be successful in this role. The right candidate will eagerly pursue opportunities to upsell existing customers as well as target and close net new accounts ranging anywhere from $200 MRR to $20,000 MRR.
- Strong professional sales expertise to include the sales process and sales techniques.
- Good knowledge of complex configurations which apply to offerings based on customer’s needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Enterprise Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex technical solutions to enterprises and software companies in excess of $100K.
- Comfortable with selling complex enterprise platform solution, understanding of API value proposition
- Demonstrated success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Must be comfortable selling to developers and engaging in technical sales motions
- Strong history of getting immediate results while building repeatable processes
- Demonstrated success in selling innovative technologies to medium and large organization
- Ability to ‘hunt’ new customers and develop current ones
- Exceed quarterly targets through prospecting, developing, and persuading key decision-makers at premium companies
- Field incoming leads as well as generate outbound calls, occasionally making client site visits and presentations.
- Uses internal relationships to exceed customer expectations and provide support to the team.
- Engages and persuades mid-level to senior level management.
- Works with Technical Account Managers to vet onboarding the right large volume senders, omitting bad actors before we engage in a lengthy sales process.
- Must have the ability to see patterns and deconstruct problems to develop solutions.
- Identify multiple causes, effects and customer solutions.
- Moderate to advanced configurations-cloud computing preferred. Sells to entry and senior level management.
- Thoughtfully work with SDRs and Marketing to develop strategic account plans
- Customer centric mindset, with the ability to collaborate with the support team every day.
- Utilizes Sales force, proposal tools, and other sales utilities.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.