Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
As the pricing lead for Soligent, this role will own the pricing strategy, define the business process and run cross-company initiatives to improve profit margin without compromising on sales volume or revenues. The Strategic Pricing Manager will be instrumental in defining and running a world-class pricing function for the company, working closely with the cross-functional leaders to identify and implement strategic and tactical initiatives to improve margins.
- Leads, designs, and evaluates pricing strategies, policies, and pricing optimization projects
- Partners with vendors to develop and enhance complex pricing models and tools
- Performs regular analysis on market pricing, competitive and vendor pricing to arrive at optimum pricing strategy and tiers for products carried by Soligent
- Utilizes data and coordinates with business leaders to generate deep insights and discover effective solutions to pricing strategies
- Identifies value drivers for Soligent and products we carry
- Implements pricing tiers and floors, minimizes pricing exceptions and streamlines pricing processes
- Develops a multi-quarter pricing roadmap aligned with company strategy and annual profitability goals
- Owns competitive benchmarking of pricing and solicits sales feedback to help price for success
- Helps to automate pricing processes and devise a scalable way to measure pricing performance
- Develops organized systems or processes to assist with pricing implementation
- Manages implementation of price adjustments and communication to appropriate parties
- Creates effective tracking tools around price capture activities, including review cycles that monitor the effectiveness of implemented pricing actions
- Supports sales with analysis by sales rep, by products and segments and devises strategies to win in the market
- Facilitates meetings with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Continuously evaluates pricing developments and trends to ensure new thought leadership and capabilities are introduced into the various business groups.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- All other duties as assigned by manager
- 7-10 years in a Pricing and/or Supply Chain Operations role, with at least 3 years in a pricing function with a strong track record
- Understanding of solar/renewable energy space preferred
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across pricing for organizations
- Proven ability to use quantitative and qualitative research and tools to analyze and present actionable insights
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics with in-depth Excel knowledge
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP/DRP systems a plus - NetSuite preferred
- Experience with the development, implementation, transition, and/or entire overhaul of pricing models to support supply chain initiatives
- Ability to synthesize diverse ideas, facts, and data into a cohesive analysis that includes problem statement, solution hypotheses, and robust data analysis to support recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; customer service mindset required
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented, be able to interact with cross-functional teams, be organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA