Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will work directly with Soligent’s supply chain team and senior leadership to drive competitive advantage and value creation. Soligent will look to this role to identify new opportunities for savings and process improvement, drive execution by taking a hands-on approach in negotiations and process creation, and shape how Soligent makes important data-driven sourcing decisions. This role will build the best in class sourcing capabilities and a lasting process as well as achieve target savings. This role is critical to Soligent's proliferation of solar, energy storage, and energy efficiency in the US market.
- Creates and implements a best in class procurement strategy to drive best in the highest level of performance in materials sourcing inclusive of potential new categories of goods
- Designs and implements category strategies utilizing various value levers that deliver improved cost, reduced risk and more efficient processes
- Interfaces and collaborates with internal team members and senior leadership for procurement support, including understanding of stakeholder spend, jointly setting procurement priorities, and executing continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Helps build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partnering across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Makes recommendations as changes occur in business drivers, reporting requirements, and organization structures, understanding the implications on the overall business
- Provides guidance to our supply chain team on sourcing strategies in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans
- Serves as a subject matter expert to the supply chain and leadership teams in the development of plans for implementation
- Develops and implements strategies to proactively manage down costs
- Works with our Director of Business Intelligence to implement tools and dashboard reports as needed
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- All other duties as assigned by manager
- Strong foundational knowledge of purchasing and strategic sourcing principles such as: TCO, supplier collaboration, design to cost, risk management, price leverage, organizational design, global sourcing, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of global purchasing experience
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across purchasing and sourcing organizations
- Ideal candidate will have a background in sourcing transformation and have executed such projects whereas a specific process was deployed and such could be deployed in Soligent
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics with in-depth Excel knowledge
- Experience with the development, implementation, transition, and/or entire overhaul of sourcing and purchasing models to support supply chain initiatives
- Ability to synthesize diverse ideas, facts, and data into a cohesive analysis that includes problem statement, solution hypotheses, and robust data analysis to support recommendations
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with colleagues and suppliers
- Ability to act as a flexible and innovative team player with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach
- Previous sourcing or purchasing consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Engineering field, Advanced degree in related fields or MBA is preferred
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP/DRP systems a plus - NetSuite preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA