LearnWorlds is a fast-growing, innovative, e-learning company serving customers in over 80 countries. Founded in mid-2014, we are a company with offices in Greece and Cyprus. LearnWorlds is driven by a highly competitive team, that leads by example, with strong background in e-learning, innovation and digital technologies. We design and implement digital learning experiences and help our clients satisfy their students while maximizing their profits.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact
We are looking for a talented and competitive Security Engineer who has a passion for security. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of security controls for LearnWorlds. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and will be required to present with confidence and champion work to completion.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk, Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Firebase.
Key responsibilitiesEngineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and informationIdentify and define system security requirementsPrepare and document standard operating procedures and protocolsConfigure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devicesDevelop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasksEnsure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidentsWrite comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancementDevelop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
RequirementsProven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security EngineerExperience in building and maintaining security systemsDetailed technical knowledge of database and operating system securityHands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etcExperience with modern cloud-based technologiesExperience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring toolsThorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocolsFamiliarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocolsProblem solving skills and ability to work under pressureBS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven participation in CTF challenges
- Google Cloud Security Engineer, OWASP or similar certification
- Past experience with LMS system
- Open-source contributions
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Private life and health insurance plan
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 100 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow's e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Continuous training and mentoring opportunities. Access to books, resources, training, and conferences
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat)