ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
The Talent Manager (TM) will create a unified hub of information to provide a level of consistency and efficiency across all productions and facility-wide departments. The TM is production savvy with an in-depth understanding of production workflows and schedules, artistic and technical disciplines, as well as studio operations.
Role & Responsibilities
Reports and Analytics:
- Resource, monitor and forecast for existing projects as well as assist the EVP of Digital in establishing the required resources for incoming new projects.
- Create and maintain a central resource schedule; help assign show resource and crewing priorities.
- Forecast overall resource requirements during peak production periods.
- Maintain a database for crew skills (ie: primary, secondary, tertiary, including software skills); identify internal resources that could be transferred.
- Add & remove crew from BRON Digital email and Shotgun groups as needed.
- Monitor all overtime logs across projects and provide reports to accounting.
- Communicate pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start/end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required.
- Engage pro-actively engage with artists to prevent negative turnover.
- Provide basic Shotgun training and troubleshoot support for all new employees.
- Facilitate the internal transfer process of cast/crew between productions and/or locations.
- Collaborate with HR and Production to facilitate communication with crew regarding contract extensions and salary negotiations.
- Interface with HR and Production on employee complaints and conflicts.
Liaise with global Departments:
- Run weekly Resources Meeting (create agenda, send minutes, …)
- Collaborate with HR function to establish and maintain competitive employee retention strategy (compensation, terms of employment.)
- Ensuring performance issues raised by Leads are communicated to HR and Production.
- Meet with Recruitment team and Production on a weekly basis, to discuss workforce planning needs; monitor recruitment efforts and communicate schedule changes accordingly.
- Assist with recruitment activities and/or events relevant to productions.
- Liaise with Line Producers/ PMs and provide necessary crewing information to HR.
- Liaise with Operations to arrange seating requirements; maintain reports regarding headcount and seat capacity.
- Liaise with IT to determine and project hardware/software requirements.
- In tandem with IT, monitor and approve requests to access files stored on database network.
- Work with show production teams to maintain Shotgun standards and best practices across all projects.
- Constantly work to improve communication across departments
- Minimum 5+ years production experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use a positive tone and attitude, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment.
- Previous Shotgun Software experience is required.
- Working knowledge of production workflows and terminology.
- Expert organizational, project management & time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with an ever-changing production environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and material.
- HR experience would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents for this role.
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits and Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)