ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
The UE4 Generalist is key in ensuring production efficiency. This role utilizes technical skills and analytical skills to ensure all departments are able to function at their best.
Role & Responsibilities
- Scene set up for Virtual Production
- Prepare and run virtual scouting and virtual camera sessions
- Debugging and optimizing for Virtual production
- Set up and QC render footages from UE4
- Communicate effectively with different departments to look into the causes of any technical issues and to integrate into unreal virtual camera
- Support data management as per production folder structure and templates
- Assist with asset ingest, scene setup, optimization, and validation of look and performance of scenes
- Make technical scene adjustments to achieve the goals of the key creatives, including lighting, animation, set dressing, and/or color correction
- Provide time-to-completion estimates for changes or troubleshooting issues.
- Manipulate and align scenes to match with set builds, look and color, and/or blend between the physical and virtual world in camera as applicable
- Collates and feeds back issues with assets, software/hardware back to the Producer as appropriate.
- Train incoming generalists on proper protocols in the Virtual Production workflow.
- Set up processes for quality control and ensure quality of deliverables
- Deliver within schedule to meet deadlines
- Assist with continuous development of the virtual production pipeline
- Fill in as supportive roles for Animation, Modelling/ Set dressing, and Virtual Production
- Be able to function as a UE4 Driver for Virtual production if needed
- Be able to make rapid changes in an iterative intensive pipeline
- Animation Diploma or Fine Arts Degree and/or relevant industry experience
- Generalist background such as basic understanding of the need for Animation, Lighting, and virtual Camera is an asset
- Proficient in UE4
- Proficient in Maya
- Motion Builder and mocap experience is strongly desired
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Open and proactive communication style
- Team working skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid work ethics and a positive attitude
- Ability to function well under pressure
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits and Employee Family Assistance Program
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)