ABOUT THE JOB
BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are seeking a Virtual Camera Operator to join our team!
Role & Responsibilities
- Operate virtual cameras to the productions needs.
- Collaborate with the Director and EVP in creating the visual language for the animated series and maintaining its continuity.
- Work closely with Director/Production Designer and Editors to provide creative and technical solutions to aesthetic problems with story, character staging/blocking and cinematography, using virtual camera.
- Stay up-to-date technically on all hardware and software used in production.
- Work on the development and integration of new toolsets for Layout and VCAM.
- Share all new pipeline suggestions with VFX Supervisor for documentation and integration.
- Manage artists in execution of all sequence staging, virtual camera animation, composition, lensing and animation blocking from storyboard animatic and/or feedback from review sessions.
- Review artist sequences daily and provide feedback, guidance, training and technical solutions to assure they meet deadlines and to assure the artists are moving forward in a direction which meets the shared vision of the project.
- Works closely with the Producers and Production team to ensure that schedules are created, maintained and remain up to date.
- Be accountable for on time and on budget execution and delivery of scenes.
- Communicate all red flags, changes and updates to Coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Improve the performance of artists on the team, both technically and creatively.
- Facilitate meetings with editorial and animation to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
- 8-10+ years of experience creating cinematic pre-visualizations for CG animation, with at least 5 years of Lead experience.
- Working experience with virtual cameras is a requirement.
- Great visual storytelling skills and a well-grounded understanding of the language of the virtual camera. Framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking.
- Strong knowledge of terminology and techniques used in film, animation and visual effects including knowledge of photography, camera lenses and Depth of Field.
- Strong understanding of cinematography is a must.
- Exposure to editorial, lighting, and animation required.
- Demonstrated expertise using Maya is required, with good working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience/knowledge with Unreal Engine is highly recommended.
- Competitive compensation package, including Extended Health Benefits
- Holiday closure between Christmas and New Year
- 7 health days per year (prorated per any partial year, and/or contract length)